History of Brand
From its “first limping appearance” on June 27, 1891 to the more regular weekly in 1892, The Herald has become one of the most widely read dailies in Southern Africa. Since the Pioneers sent a printing press by ox-drawn wagon from Cape Town to Salisbury in 1892, the paper has grown beyond the imagination of its first proprietors, The Argus Group of South Africa.
Over the years, The Herald grew to become the flagship of the biggest newspaper group in Southern Africa. Some newspapers have come and gone, but The Herald has withstood the test of time.
Our newspaper offers advertisers the following communication benefits:
- An influential, stable, authoritative and credible medium
- Active/ participative readers
- Can communicate detail/ complex messages
- Excellent production quality
- Broad reach across target groups
- National coverage to all corners of the country
- Builds coverage quickly – can reach almost all readers in a day
- High pass along readership
- Delivers strong business audience
- Not an incidental audience
- Convergence with our online brands
In the Zimpapers group stable there are a variety of newspapers to choose from ranging from mass market title to niche publications.